Jessi's Blog

Friday, January 28, 2005

Constant communion-day 1

Tired and frustrated. TGIF. Last night I read of a man who expiremented with maintaining continual communion with God every moment for a year. Of course, he did not maintain it every moment, but he made great progress. I wanted to weep when I read it, that such progress was possible. I resolved to try and maintain communion with God myself. I am confident that such a pursuit will be rewarded. Seek me and ye shall find. Of course, I have already lost God from my mind several thousand times this morning. But it only the first day. After 6 months, this man had not been able to keep God in his mind even half a day. Nevertheless, the descriptions of how his life had changed were incredible. One thing especially: he experienced such a joy of close communion with God that he hated sin. It held no desire for him because he knew it would tear him away from God. That is something I want. To love God's presence so much, that sin would hold no appeal for me because of how it separates me from God. May the workings of God in me increase!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home